• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Eureka Draw Tite Tent

Reaction score
I recently aquired a Eureka Draw Tite tent from my wife's family. It is in excellent condition, however it does not have any instructions. Searches on the internet show all kinds of photos, and these tents do have a following. My son and I spent 2 hours the other evening trying to erect it... We're no longer speaking to one another! lol. Anyone know of a way to get instructions?

Attachments

• photo7620.jpg
    photo7620.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 8
Is this the same tent?
Looks like you could study this frame and try to match the tent loops or ties
freestandingdometent1948.jpg

I'm having some trouble posting... I will be picking up a morsan Drawtite later on this week. I will post any instructions that might be included. The Timberline is a simplified derivative of the Drawtite and I think the warning "IMPORTANT: Do not attempt this assembly with the spanner joined." may be an important clue for assembly.

No Title

So I mess around for about another hour and finally get it together, but it is just not quite right yet... Then I remember there was a bag of stakes that might help me tighten up the bottom. What is this piece of paper? SOB! Instructions! Well... I was close!

Attachments

• photo7624.jpg
    photo7624.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 12
  • photo7625.jpg
    photo7625.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 16
  • photo7626.jpg
    photo7626.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 16
I used a DrawTite for years......even tried it in Aleutian winds......
I'd love to have a modern version as it's the right combination of size and height with
easy erection.

I have instructions but I see someone else already posted.
I have a Draw Tite 3 person and it leaks water all the way around the seam that attaches the rubberized floor. Water also seeps in at the corners where the poles attach to the loop and pin. Does anybody seam seal these seams and what type of seam sealer? I just got the tent and it's in excellent shape with little no wear.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20230727_201335.jpg
    20230727_201335.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 6
I have instructions but I see someone else already posted.
I have a Draw Tite 3 person and it leaks water all the way around the seam that attaches the rubberized floor. Water also seeps in at the corners where the poles attach to the loop and pin. Does anybody seam seal these seams and what type of seam sealer? I just got the tent and it's in excellent shape with little no wear.
Thanks

Rywhytechno, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please add your location to your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is a geographic sport. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

You're responding in a 5-6 year old thread, but folks may still notice your post. I know nothing about this particular tent, but folks usually seal all seams and leaky spots. There are seam sealing products for tents available from any camp or outdoor store or Amazon. Just do a search. Maybe someone will pop in with some favorite brand.

Alternatively, you can just start a thread called something like "What is a good seam sealer for tents" and see what kind of responses you get.

if you're into DIY, this thread has some pretty good info that should be useable with any tent.

Thanks, Gamma. I hadn't remembered that thread. DIY is probably less expensive if you really have a lot of tent and tarp sealing to do. Otherwise, all I've ever needed for a tent is one tube of commercial seam sealer. Here's a DIY video from that thread:

No worries Glenn; among the things I really like about this site is that it is easily searchable and so many topics have been covered previously that one can often get a starting point if not an answer to a question.

I also have no problem with people posting to old threads (unless they're obviously unaware that it is an old thread) as times change and there may be new tech or info that wasn't available 5-10 years ago. In fact, bumping an old thread may be preferable IMO as all the input from past posters is available even if they're no longer active on the site. (e.g. see previously linked thread)

Back