• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

Drone footage while paddling Georgian Bay

Reaction score
A few weeks ago my son and I headed out into Georgian Bay for a weekend canoe trip. Our destination was the Norgate Rocks, just north of Point au Baril, Ontario. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to take my drone along and get some interesting shots of us paddling. With all the new rules here in Canada, it's becoming harder and harder to find a good place to fly without breaking any laws (drones are not allowed in Provincial or National Parks), but since we were venturing out into Crown Land, and there were no people or buildings around...well...pardon the pun, "the sky was the limit". The drone is a Parrot Bebop 2 with a built-in image stabilized HD camera. It is small enough that it fits into a Pelican 1400 case (with props removed). I use my iphone to control it. I also downloaded an app called "Follow Me" which allows the drone to lock onto a subject - in this case the canoe, and follow us wherever we go, that way we can just paddle and leave the flying to the onboard computer. I will eventually edit a whole trip report , but for now, here is a short, one minute teaser.
Cheers
-Wayne

Back