• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Cheap Ergometer

Reaction score
I don't get to go out and paddle every day, and I need to stay in better shape, so I rigged up a cheap solution today. It is not nearly the same as the real thing, but it should give me a decent workout. I cut the blade off a Carlisle paddle and put an eye bolt through the shortened blade rib so I can hook it up to a stretch exercise band. The only problem is the resistance on the return, but that gives me even more of a workout so I won't complain.

Attachments

• photo2555.jpg
    photo2555.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 0
That's pretty slick. My approach when I was rehabilitating a shoulder was to take a piece of theraband, wrap it around a short dowel, and staple it to the dowel. Stick the theraband through the space between a door and its jamb and wrap the free end of the theraband around a paddle shaft. Instant ergometer. Clumsy but effective.

Nice! I did something similar with a broomstick and my Dicks Sporting goods "total gym" knock off. I tied loops Prussik style on the ends and tilted it up high. Just holding my body weight and going through the motions provided a good abb burn!

Back