• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Chance to check out Swift canoes - Madison WI, 5-13-17

Reaction score
Anyone interested in checking out a Swift Canoe in person in the midwest might want to go to Rutabaga Paddlesports in Madison WI this Saturday.

Apparently, Swift is delivering a truckload of boats that were ordered during this year's Canoecopia event. Staff at Rutabaga stated that they will also be bringing some samples of their current models for passers-by to admire.

Rutabaga generally allows test paddles of their own stocked boats, (Standard northstar, Wenonah, and NovaCraft lineup, plus whatever is on the used lot and the kayaks) but I do not know if this will extend to the Swift canoes.
Please consider contacting Rutabaga for details, as I do not work for the shop, and did not ask for tons of information.

I sure would like to do an apples to apples comparison of a Swift prospector to a NovaCraft prospector someday.

Me too. I see on Swifts site that they're going to offer their prospector in the plastic T-Formex, and I'll be in the market eventually for a river tripping boat that I can beat up on rocks.

I think you'll find the NC closer to the original Chestnut Prospector specs. It's a very sea worthy canoe, 15 inches deep, 2.5 inches of rocker and the usual 36" beam. The Swift looks more like a solo canoe, in fact, might be a good one for big paddlers.

Back