• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Canoe form

Reaction score
Well it looks like we have a buyer for our house paying cash looking for a quick closing. That's the good news, the bad news is I have this canoe form and no time to build a canoe (I don't think). It is a form for Rollin Thurlow's Atkinson Traveler I think it is about 18" finished size. Included is the hull mold, stem bending jig and the plans. They were given to me and I offer them free to the next person.
I did mill up planking stock, ribs and Sitka spruce inwales and white oak milled for the stems. Which could be purchased if someone wanted but I wouldn't mind keeping the wood.
We don't yet have a house in Maine so I don't know what room I would have to store it or build from it. Hope someone can use it. I'm out of town for a couple of days but I can answer questions now and post more pics when I get home.

Attachments

• photo9153.jpg
    photo9153.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 0
my scale model canoe on the go, next step may be to build a full size form again

Attachments

• photo9154.jpg
    photo9154.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 0
Worth the drive from Iowa !!!
I wish I had room for it !!!

Drooling right now !

Jim

Boatman... Where? I'm actually looking for a wood canvas prospector form, but I'm easily swayed lol.

years ago at the Philadelphia Independence Seaport Museum shop, I helped build an Atkinson traveler, it is a beautiful design!

Yes still available. I'm on the eastern end of Long Island a town called Sag Harbor. The clock is ticking as we expect to be in contract on our house tomorrow. Going to look at houses in Maine this weekend. It's heavy as might be expected, so I recommend a trailer for moving it that's what I used to bring it to the shop.
Jim

Yes still available. I'm on the eastern end of Long Island a town called Sag Harbor. The clock is ticking as we expect to be in contract on our house tomorrow. Going to look at houses in Maine this weekend. It's heavy as might be expected, so I recommend a trailer for moving it that's what I used to bring it to the shop.
Jim
In the end I just cut mine and three pieces. because they are usually made with three quarter inch square strips it's easy to put them back together.

It may be difficult for me get it and move it, even though I have a family member with a brand new truck LOL.

Thank you for the quick reply I saw the dates and wasn't quite sure you were checking in!
8b8ff5c481dc5885a3ed8f1403a24a63.jpg

Well the clock is ticking. We signed the contract on our house Tuesday. 45 days or less to closing, I won't be out of the shop by then but I will not be here as much. I can't make the price any lower.
Jim

Back