• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Blackhawk Zephyr Solo Canoe, $650 in Rochester NY - SOLD

Reaction score
I have tried a couple of times to rehome this boat, but was inundated with low-ball offers and scammers on Craigs List and FB Marketplace. This is a fiberglass build in really nice shape for a 1994. It has been compared by some as like a Ladybug or a Wildfire, not sure I agree, but it is a joy to paddle. I've been asked if it paddles well with a kayak paddle or is good for fishing; wouldn't know. It has generous rocker combined with a shallow V hull, and reminds me a little of the Independence, both nimble and easily tracked. When Old Town Packs are selling for $900 plus, this boat is a bargain. I cannot help with transportation as my GMC Denada gets about 13 MPG.

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    280.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 05.JPG
    05.JPG
    281 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0467.JPG
    IMG_0467.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 58
I just saw this pop up on CL, and figured I would let the folks on canoetripping check it out, but you beat me to it.

I was reading a review - "beginners would probably fall out....." or something like that.

Good luck!

I just saw this pop up on CL, and figured I would let the folks on canoetripping check it out, but you beat me to it.

I was reading a review - "beginners would probably fall out....." or something like that.

Good luck!
Not on Craigslist. That's a Blackhawk Shadow.

Really nice solo at a very nice price! Someone better snap this up…unfortunately I can’t.

I had a zephyr once and would like to own this one. Thanks to the board member that brought this to my attention here.

I’m in Minnesota so that is a complication. I’m waiting to hear from a friend who may be traveling through there and back to MN in august. If anyone else is headed west from NY, please let me know.

I had recently sent a message on fb marketplace.

I will buy this, if it's not already spoken for. I'm floating around NY looking for something to do for a day or so.

I hate to do it, especially as I'm relatively new here, but I've got to back out on buying. Sent you a text and a PM. -MKH

I had a fella offer me full price on one condition: That I buy it back in the Fall if he does not become accustomed to the Zephyr, for $100 less (assuming the condition has not changed). I've always believed it takes more than a test paddle to get acquainted with a boat, so I accepted. I also provided the buyer with an assortment of drops, screws and the original seat to help. So consider the boat SOLD. Is there any way to edit the title of my original post to indicate status?

I had a fella offer me full price on one condition: That I buy it back in the Fall if he does not become accustomed to the Zephyr, for $100 less (assuming the condition has not changed).
Sounds like a fair deal and, yes, I agree: sometimes the best test paddle is a weekend (or more) trip.

Back