• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

Bell logo source?

Reaction score
Thinking about sanding the gel-coat on the Starfire rebuild project. Was wondering if any one had a source for Bell logos? ORC still owns Bell canoe even though they are doing nothing with it. Wounder who to contact there.

Thank you Rose was very helpful. Starfire decals were not available. Bell and Northstar were. So picked up Bell for the Starfire. Trying to think of what to do for the model name after sanding the hull. Any ideas?

"Starfire decals were not available. . . . Trying to think of what to do for the model name after sanding the hull. Any ideas?"

Take a high resolution photo of the Starfire decal if you can. From a photo, any online or brick and mortar print shop can make a stick-on decal. For a price. You can even do it yourself.

No Title

Here's a shot of one. Let me know if you want a higher quality shot.

For month long wilderness trips the Starfire is a great hull. Just returned from 18 days in the NWT with the Phoenix and loved it.

Attachments

• photo7644.jpg
    photo7644.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 2
Yes a higher quality shot would be good. Was very busy this weekend so have not had time to reply till now.

By the way Bearpaulsen told the president of the company I work for that he should try to match your customer service level. Help with an 17 year old canoe from a former company. I mean WOW!!! Would like it if you could post your trip report here or some were else. Been wondering about the Phoenix. But Just so you know we are saving up to have a light weight fast pocket cruiser for when our current Bell Northstar fiberglass gets too heavy for us. Most likely will be a blacklight Polaris form this experience. over half way there now.

Received the Bell logo in the mail tonight. Rose came through. Just need to find a shop to make the Starfire logo now.

I get home too late for good light, will get a good shot this weekend. Thank you for the CS compliment.

Here's a brief synopsis, since I won't promise a written report, but will try. David Yost designed the original Alaskan Solo back in 2006. I spec'd that boat and learned a lot - it was way too big. Second attempt in 2013 was the named the Phoenix but a number things were still wrong. David and Carl built the current Phoenix in 2014.

The Starfire is mine. I also have a composite Wildfire and had a composite Yellowstone Solo as well. I paddled the Wildfire on three ~3 week trips, the Yellowstone Solo on two and the Starfire on one month long trip, all in ON, MB and SK. Both the WF and YS bogged for the first week with my 200lb and another ~150 of gear. I liked the WF performance in whitewater better - symmetrical meant the stern didn't grab for back ferries especially. The Thoa was my first long trip with the Phoenix and I loved it. Unlike the WF/YS I didn't need to be conservative running rapids. Unlike the SF I didn't have to reach so much and wasn't as subject to the wind. The Thoa was a pleasant surprise, I didn't think I'd be able to run nearly as many rapids as I did - lots of IIs and low IIIs. I felt more comfortable in the PX than I ever did in the WF/YS because I could run sneak routes on the IIIs especially as the river gained volume and it had enough bouyancy to make it thru the big haystacks and still manuever around ledges and holes after hitting those haystacks. In short, incredibly happy with the PX. There was a lot of motivation to run rapids or at least line them since portages were completely nonexistent. I enjoy paddling our other hulls, but the Phoenix has been my baby and I'm in love, just don't tell my wife. ;)

Thank you Rose was very helpful. Starfire decals were not available. Bell and Northstar were. So picked up Bell for the Starfire. Trying to think of what to do for the model name after sanding the hull. Any ideas?

You could check with Colden for a Starfire decal since they still make the boat.

I wish I was a better photographer... Hope this helps.

Perfect! I can work with that.

aTKCg74.png

Back