• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Atikaki Provincial Park in Manitoba, abuts to WCPP in Ont. 8/14-8/29,2018

Fantastic! That streamside camp was a slice of heaven, a shame you had to leave it early. The fires seen at night were amazing and horrific. Not sure I would've slept a wink. Staying in touch and on the move was the best plan. And that was perhaps the best video of a float plane landing I've ever seen! I never tire of watching them. Thanks for this TR Marten.

Thanks Marten !
WOW ! I would have been a little nervous, heck Scared is a better description !
Did you see wildlife trying to escape the fire ?

Jim

Thanks Marten !
WOW ! I would have been a little nervous, heck Scared is a better description !
Did you see wildlife trying to escape the fire ?

Jim

We did not see any thing running from the fire. We did spot caribou twice on Sasaginnigak Lake and that may have been animals pushed to a higher density because of the size of the burned area.

The day we came back to camp and saw fire and smoke within a half mile certainly put us on edge. There were no fires reported that close so I think it was a lightning strike from two days before that the wind fanned into action. The night fire shots are what it turned into the next day.

I like the Pakcanoe when I need a canoe in a duffle. I think everyone would prefer paddling a hard sided canoe. My Pak165 really hauls a load. It seems sluggish with 300 pounds plus me but the gps shows 3mph. You need to be careful when deciding pack placement as it determines the amount of rocker. The bottom is really tough but the sides can be punctured with sharp sticks. I prune a portage with that in mind before taking the canoe across and use extra caution around beaver activity.

Back