• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Adding a map to a post

Reaction score
How do you ad a map to a post? How do you highlite a route? Where do you get the map?
Thanks for any help, and please explain in the simplest of terms. :D

Easiest method might be to actually take some pictures of your map and post them with imugr or some other photo hosting site. I use the garmin basecamp application, it is a very sweet program. I can save maps as PDF's and then use a PDF program to write on them, etc. Then I convert them to a jpeg and put them on imugr.

I do a screen shot and with my 'Preview' app (basic photo app on mac) add the route and speech bubbles for nightly stops.

36009559300_341bd10682_b.jpg

An option with Windows 10 that works for me, with the newer Paint 3D (in previous Windows versions, it was just Paint)...

- use either a screenshot of the map (IIRC it's now called the snipping tool in Win 10, instruction is provided with searching), or a photo of the paper map.

- view the jpg or whatever image on the screen, then right-click on it and open in Paint 3D, or the older Paint.

- in Paint 3D, select the tools for artwork, for drawing lines... it might take several tries to find the right tool.

- the brush tool seems to produce smooth lines, select appropriate color.

- draw the line on the map taking care to create a smooth line.

- use "save as" to save the new image to whatever folder the photos are being kept in.

- in the older Paint, the lines will be more jagged and more care is needed. Maybe there is a smoothing tool available, but I haven't found it in older Windows versions.

I'm probably leaving something out but that's it more or less... gotta do some work for now. I've been able to draw some nice, smooth lines with Paint 3D... back later if there are any problems.

Back