• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Kenduskeag Canoe Race 2019

Reaction score
Cancelled this year. Last year shortened as the tide and water was too high to go under the bridges in Bangor.
I have done this four times. But required getting up at 4 am to scout the rapids. Six Mile route changed some years and Shopping Cart always a challenge. One year we were bounced into an eddy and for some reason we did not go over. Never have had the dubious pleasure of capsize though I have nearly gotten hanged by the spider web of throw rope at Six Mile
Anyone else done this race?
Anyway Enjoy
https://wickedfunny.tv/see-who-survived-the-rapids-in-this-years-kenduskeag-stream-canoe-race/

I've done it 12 times. It's always the first thing that goes on my calendar every year (my anniversary being later in the season, of course). I live about five minutes walk from Shopping Cart, so if I don't have a shuttle I can walk home from a practice run.

I love the festival aspect of it -- so many people and boats in one place. It's great for the spectators, lots of places to view the race and the most difficult sections are near roads. Can be a bit crowded on the water, if you're somewhat competitive and in a higher numbered class (later start group) you need to pass literally hundreds of boats. There's always a cluster of people eddied out above Six Mile Falls waiting to get their nerve up. Bring it on!

Back