Gooblygook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gooblygook

What's with all the trash above the site's masthead? Looks like I'm being warned that this is a dangerous site'
    Last edited by Grandpa Paddler; 05-20-2020, 09:48 AM.
    ...better to be up the creek without a paddle than not be on the water at all!!!

I see some appearance changes so I'm assuming there is some sort of update going on and that a few things will need to be touched up.

Alan

Comment

We had some modem problems here at the house and ended up getting a new modem. After that is when I first noticed the gooblygook.

This is at the top of this thread. Click image for larger version

Name:	31FD053E-5917-4561-8BDE-61A8E4D5B99F.png
Views:	124
Size:	412.9 KB
ID:	111101

this is at the top of the free Canoe thread. Can’t even fit it all in the screen shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FA0FC721-ECE5-401F-BE6D-AF03375B1B16.png
Views:	124
Size:	407.8 KB
ID:	111102

Jim
      Bundin er batleysir madur

Comment

Yeah, it is showing up on mobile devices too

Comment

I'm seeing the same thing on my Desk top !
          Unable to open Forums within the site.
          Keep your paddle wet, and your seat dry !

Comment

Thanks guys. At least now I know it's not my laptop.
            ...better to be up the creek without a paddle than not be on the water at all!!!

Comment

With each reply it seem to grow longer. I too thought it was just me and the new modem.
              Jim

Comment

I had the IT guy run updates and look at one other thing. As it goes with updates somethings can get "broken". I have been in touch with him and we are working on it. As Alan said it needs to be touched up. I will keep you all updated as thing progress.

dougd

Comment

Thanks Doug.
                  Jim

Comment

I was just gonna post the same question!! Happy to see it's noting maligned

Comment

It's nothing malice from the outside like happened before, it's just the nature of technology turning on you! ;-)

Comment

Everything is now fixed as of about an hour ago. The site is good to go and with the updates and other fixes is healthy as it can be!

dougd

Comment

Hi Doug

I got the messed up headers earlier today but as with others, they're gone now.

I don't know if it is in any way related but for several days Gmail has been tossing notices from CT.com into the spam folder saying that they can't confirm it's from your email address (not the site website). And stranger still some messages get though and some don't. I tried to change the Gmail settings to let everything from CT.com through so I'll have to wait and see if it does.

About a half hour ago I hit my bookmarked link to "Today's Posts" and it kept coming up "404 Page not Found". I deleted that bookmark, hit "Today's Posts" on the home page, bookmarked that and it now works.

Thank you for all that you do for the site including chasing the flying monkeys away every now and then

Best regards,

Lance

Comment

Lance, I don't know about Gmail as I use that and haven't had issues but it could be due to the update. Just like everyone on the board your personal email account is up to you to manage. I frequently clear cookies and other fields to keep things clean in this day and age of attacks on the internet. I appreciate your feedback as I think it is important for others to get your feedback who maybe having your issues.

Also, the IT guy finally got the site secured which I had not noticed until it was mentioned to me. It has been this way for years now but for a technology history lesson about 2 years ago using just HTTP in the address you were typing in was unsecured and that is how the net ran back then. Then HTTPS with the S meaning secure to protect private info came into play and now having the site without the S meant it effected parts of the site for the worse.

Long story short to protect the members and the board this change was made as of today. The S is into play on HTTP and all is good for now for the community! I appreciate all the feedback and your patience with this update. And Lance, sorry to high-jack your post.

Be Safe All

Doug

Comment

Doug, no apology is needed for doing us all a favor in caring for and managing the site is needed. I suspect that the "S" addition will fix the issue as my settings are skewed to err on the side of caution when accessing site without "secure" designation and I hadn't given much thought to the lack of the "S" in the address.

For what it's worth if at some point I get to where I have an unsolvable site or computer related issue I will toss it to one of the younger generation in the family. A son, son in law and nephew all work or have worked in high profile internet security and IT infrastructure realms, two of them for the Secret Squirrel spy decoder ring world (younger folks will not get that reference......). If, at my Jurassic computer competency level I can't fix something I call one of them and whine a bit. They then take remote control of my computer, scare away the flying monkeys and proceed to tease me.

On the other hand, their general consensus is that if the zombie apocalypse ever comes they are all packing their families up and coming to stay with Nancy and me. I guess we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Best regards and I hope that you and all of the CT.com family and their families are safe and well.

Lance

Comment

Working...
                              X