• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from Alaska.

Reaction score
Hello from Alaska! I am 68 years old and have been canoeing since high school. Now I just canoe lakes.

SOUTHEAST of Fairbanks near the Salcha River. I have lived in the interior for nearly fifty years, only went to the Kenai Peninsula once. Very pretty down there, often wonder how much different my life would have been had I moved to that part of the world back in the day. I have always wanted to canoe the Swanson River/Swan Lakes canoe country, close as I got was buying a guide book.

Welcome from a Northerner to an other, almost neighbours, just about 18hrs of driving... I'm in Whitehorse Yukon!! I've been to the Kenai long time ago with the Yukon XC Ski team when I was a coach/ski tech. Real pretty out there!

A welcome from another Geezer in Delta Junction. Spending more time in my freight canoes these days especially on the rivers and lakes of YT.

Welcome to the forum dramey. I did a lot of tripping down your way, this weekend was typically the start of the season for me. Is everything open?

Thank you. Things are starting to open up. I plan on canoeing the Swan Lake/Swanson River canoe trails this summer.

Welcome from a Northerner to an other, almost neighbours, just about 18hrs of driving... I'm in Whitehorse Yukon!! I've been to the Kenai long time ago with the Yukon XC Ski team when I was a coach/ski tech. Real pretty out there!

Thank you. I have been to Whitehorse several times.

HI folks. My relatives moved up the Mat-Su starting as homesteaders in the 1930s. I have worked in SE east of Ketchikan on a mine site.
After more than 10 trips to Alaska, I have fallen in love with about 25 rivers but have never run any of them.
The Yukon could be the most beautiful place in the world.

Back