• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Allagash

Reaction score
I am looking for pple to go down the allagash with this year 2019. I went down the river in 2017 and loved it not as crazy as the st. John that I find in 2015 but the allagash is so beautiful. . So I am looking for a group that wants to add one more or someone who wants to go in general... I am pretty. Much up for any dates let me know what u think

I would like to see and paddle the Alligash, but I have too many commitments in the works for 2019.
One of the main problems of getting older is crossing-off things on the bucket list is getting harder to do.

The Allagash is fun with a solo canoe.. The biggest challenge is Chase Rapids and there is a shuttle service for either gear or everything including you if you decide that is prudent. No absolute need for a group. The rangers keep an eye on everyone and please welcome them. They are often year round residents and have lots of tales to tell.

One year on a crappy fall weekend we came back to Chamberlain Bridge in pouring snow and rain.. We were soaked from our run from Lock Dam. And the ranger met us at the take out and invited us into his cabin for coffee..
We got the boat and gear loaded... and went to the cabin.. Tim Cook had soup bread and coffee for us.. That is the sort of rangers you will meet.

yes i do it solo but if someone would rather not i would allow them in my canoe no problems there. Is there anyone who will go?

Well, I gotta say I'm interested in that river, but you need to hang around a bit and let folks get to know you a little. I'm not a fan of blind dates or tripping with strangers. Nothing personal, just a truth that's probably pretty universal. Stick around and post some photos, let us know what floats your boat besides ambition.

Well, I gotta say I'm interested in that river, but you need to hang around a bit and let folks get to know you a little. I'm not a fan of blind dates or tripping with strangers. Nothing personal, just a truth that's probably pretty universal. Stick around and post some photos, let us know what floats your boat besides ambition.

One of my favorite tripping buddies was a "blind date" from another forum. I was the newbie there but he took a chance on me anyway. We have become true friends over the years and have been guests in each others homes. I'm not saying there is not risk, but if it's a short trip you only lose a couple of days.

Back