• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Nov 18, 2017 New Jersey Mullica River

Reaction score
Weather permitting this would be a put in Saturday morning at the ranger station I believe in Atsion (sp?) and paddle app 5-6 miles to the campsites. Relax with friends and set up camp. They have a privi and water pump there. Sunday morning break camp and relaxing 5-6 mile to take out.

NJ just stopped the Reserve America reservations and according to what I read the other day NJ will be online starting December (guess they want to make the $, why not?) We would have to check in at the ranger station when we arrive I'm guessing 8am?

They sell wood there and I bought a few bundles there last year, it's tough finding wood in the pine barren area where we camp. There are also hiking trails there so others can be taking sites. I will call the ranger station this week to find out about reservations, but I believe it's a first come first serve system for now.

I'm in touch with a few other friends not on this forum and I'm lending out a boat or two for them. Just a relaxing paddle of different vessels and probably an ending to the 2017 paddle season.

Dress for the water in case of a wet exit, which never happens ;) Talk soon

PS, last year we kept our car with the local outfitter (safety reasons) and paid for the shuttle, about $35 if I recall. We also paddled the Batso last year and that was a cool meandering river, the campsites were high up on the dunes they had a privi or two but they didn't have running water, a very nice paddle. The put in was also a few miles off the road in a very nice open area. Nice option.

Last edited:
Sounds Great. I'm in. Thanks for organizing. It'll be my first time paddling this late in the season.

Last edited:
Sounds great, I wish I could and have been wanting to try that trip but have too many days off before and after to pull that off.

Coldfeet - Even though I can't make it due to work (wish that I could though), I think your dates are mixed up. November 17th is a Friday. If you're planning on leaving Saturday morning, you'll be heading onto the water on the 18th. Just wanted to be sure everyone gets the correct dates.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Crap Snapper, thanks. I'm such a burn out.
Need to hang out with you again at that same place from last year. Be well.

Last edited:
[video]https://patch.com/new-jersey/oakland/s/ga0pf/first-major-snow-in-northeast-could-come-before-thanksgiving[/video]

We better bring some warm gear and a snow shovel.
Hopefully it's not too cold. I'm just getting over a little bout with pneumonia.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ouch! River will always be there. I just got over a cough that I had right before the ADK outing we had in October. Talk soon

We can always skip the paddling in to Mullica campground and make it a winter hot tent outing at Batonia, Hawkins Bridge, or Goshen Pond. Hopefully the cold will kill the ticks.

Go figure, I set up this trip 6 weeks ago and the one day its supposed to rain is on my trip! Waaaaaa (2nd time this year)
I sent out emails about waiting to see the forecast on Wednesday. I don't mind some drizzle but not all day and night rain. River will always be there, will keep you posted.

Go figure, I set up this trip 6 weeks ago and the one day its supposed to rain is on my trip! Waaaaaa (2nd time this year)
I sent out emails about waiting to see the forecast on Wednesday. I don't mind some drizzle but not all day and night rain. River will always be there, will keep you posted.
Hey coldfeet resurrecting this trip this spring?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey there, would love to, need to figure out some dates. Will keep in touch. Also need to contact others from NJ.

I hope you guys have a great time on this trip. It's something I've wanted to join you on since I first heard about it. At least this year I have a good excuse for not joining in. I'll be leaving on St. Patty's Day for a 6 day trip in the Everglades on a trip sponsored by the Adirondack Mt. Club. My wife and I are going to play hooky from our respective jobs and go have some fun!

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

Good for you Snapper, hope all is safe out there with this storm approaching. Maybe another winter trip can be scheduled instead of a paddle if the weather stays cold? Just an idea guys if its still snowy and cold close by. Going to Harriman tomorrow. I will check site tonight if your interested.
Bruce, I sent an email

I hear ya, just found out my sister's birthday celebration will be that weekend, oh well, will see if I have a late April weekend.

Back