• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Drilling

No need to be concerned about a virus. It can only live on metal a few days. I’m sure it took a while to get to you.

Bob

No need to be concerned about a virus. It can only live on metal a few days. I’m sure it took a while to get to you.

Bob

Yeah Bob, I thought about that too, but I was really asking about when that stuff will be hard enough to not gum. It's been about 20 hours since touched up the felt on an area I'm drilling, and I'm not sure it's hard enough. I sanded some places yesterday and my sandpaper didn't really sand, it rubbed, gummed up. Maybe I'll wait another day or two to drill. The places I touched up a few days ago are real hard, but the weather's been humid and cool (60s) so I guess it takes its time.

It took forever to arrive from China. Once it cleared customs, delivery was pretty fast though.

Ha- gotcha. Yes temp plays a huge part with some of the goop I use. I had issues with some fairing compound not kicking until it was 70 degrees. Had to put a light on it overnight. Good luck.

Bob

You could use a heat lamp, a hair dryer or an heat gun to speed up the hardening.

No fuzz. My patches are saturated with epoxy. They sand fine that way. Same for skids. I've blended the patches and skids into the hull. Filled all gouges with g-flex and will coat both hulls after completing the lining holes.

Now I'm trying to decide if the flange ears need to be rounded. I can see a glancing hit off a rock catching on these flanges.

As thin as this Kevlar hull is, the patches make good sense to a) give the flange necks more to attach to and b) make the hull less prone to damage in a lining mishap or other stress incident.

Last edited:
Back