• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Patch Epoxy

I use G-flex (thickened variety) for just about everything boat related. Not exactly sure what you mean by "hard enough"? Any excess epoxy that is on the surface (as opposed to absorbed into the fabric) will wear off fairly easy. I would think the same is true for any epoxy.

Great, sounds like it will do the trick. I'm adding some 2-1/2" patches to fortify the UL material for lining holes. Never used G-flex before.

You might consider the Thickened (655) over the toughened (650), they are very similar, the 655 comes in a toothpase like squeeze tube, very easy to mix small amounts and it's doesn't "run" like the regular 650. This might be best for your specific application of lining holes.

https://www.westsystem.com/specialty-epoxies/gflex-655-thickened-epoxy-adhesive/

Compare the details shown at the bottom of that product page, not sure if it's the same for both 650 and 655, there may be some differences that are described.

Either way you can't go wrong with either version, the application for your use might be better using 655 vs 650

Back