• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

WTB - Mohawk 13 Solo or 14 Solo Rx

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a Mohawk Solo 13 or 14 in Rx, no patches or skid plates within 5 hours of Rochester NY. If you have one in your stable that doesn't get used much, turn it into cash for something else.

hard to find. My solo 13 is my go to utility, bony water and cold weather boat. I have a friend who has been looking for one. If you find 2, let me know.

hard to find. My solo 13 is my go to utility, bony water and cold weather boat. I have a friend who has been looking for one. If you find 2, let me know.

I knew you wouldn't part with yours, but I thought I would give this forum a try. Always wanted to try one. Picked up my third OT Pack yesterday, although I could never find any love for them aside from the 34 pounds. But better than dragging Kevlar over bony water!

I found an XL14 last year in Baltimore, while I was looking I saw a few others but they were all way too far away. I got really lucky because the owner was able to deliver it to me (yes from 700 miles away in a different country!).

Fantastic big water tripping boat, it's my second one after (nearly) destroying my first one!

They don't show up often but there are out there so keep looking.

The further south in the US you look, and are willing to travel, the more used Mohawks you will find.

Originally sold factory-direct out of the Mohawk factory in Longwood Florida, with little to no dealer network, Mohawk once had some very nice RX solo canoes, both WW and flatwater.

Oh, I see, you're looking for the flatwater solo...I have the XL13 solo in Royalex that I bought from a charity auction a while back for $200, with saddle and bags. I don't think it was ever used in whitewater! I rarely use it, but it's perfect for spring run trips where I don't have to carry it.

I purchased a solo 13 made of the R84 Royalite. Bought at their Chattanooga TN plant back in 2012?. I've replaced the plastic deck plates and gunnels. I know I added a couple of pounds, but I hate plastic stuff. It's not the white water version. Great fishing boat for rivers. I love it. Good luck with your search.

Attachments

• photo15630.jpg
    photo15630.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 0
Click image for larger version  Name:	JoAnne  paddling in rain on the Eleven Point.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.4 KB ID:	111465Click image for larger version  Name:	JoAnne running North Fork falls.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.6 KB ID:	111466Click image for larger version  Name:	JoAnne at Cave Spring on Current river.png Views:	0 Size:	299.0 KB ID:	111467
There is a Solo 13 on one of the racks in my garage. It belongs to my wife; I don't think she'd sell it for 3 times what she paid for it.
Fun little boat to play with, but I much prefer my Odyssey 14.

Last edited:
Back