• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Hi there from Florida

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me join the forum. I'm from Port Orange Florida and currently have a 17 x 36 fiberglass Mohawk Blazer build back in the 80's. She's a beast at 75 lbs but for the price was worth it. I've set her up for solo paddling with a center web seat and a kayak paddle. I'm mainly doing day trips in the area. Last time I was in a canoe was about 50 years ago but it's like riding a bicycle. Started canoeing up in Canada when I was a teenager at a canoeing camp with wood canvas canoes but didn't keep with it when I got home. Working on making a portage yoke for the Mohawk and am wondering if I can still flip one up onto my shoulders like I used to. Lol

Last edited:
Welcome to our little group from the Pine creek valley of Penna. Glad you could join us

Eddie, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

There is wonderful spring and river paddling not far inland from you above Orlando and in the Ocala National Forest.

Eddie, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

There is wonderful spring and river paddling not far inland from you above Orlando and in the Ocala National Forest.
I'm only about five miles from Spruce Creek in Port Orange and put in at Cracker Creek park. It's a nice 8 mile round trip paddle down to Strickland Bay if I want to go the entire route. Tomoka State park is only about half an hour north but I haven't tried it yet. Ocala National Forest is over an hour away and would have to be an overnighter with camping gear for proper fun. I was thinking Alexander Springs would be fun but not sure if canoes are allowed.

Back