• Happy National Rocky Road Day! 🪨 🇪 🛣️🍨

Allagash Videos

While some are repetitive, some are neat.. Makes me want to winter camp at the Boy Scout Campsite. We dont have a snowmobile but could pulk to the BS or Thoroughfare campsite fairly easily.

I didn't know about the Moir Farm so there was something new to learn .Also the history of the Nugent and Jalbert camps/

I met a former Superintendent of the AWW at a craft fair in Augusta. Tim Caverly and wife had a booth selling books about the Allagash targeted at kids.
http://allagashtails.com/

It was fun chatting with him and his wife about the depths of the Ice Caves..where I will not go. There are two species of bat rampant down there. They both lamented that the Waterway was getting less and less use and encouraged paddlers to go forth and enjoy. On Allagash Lake which has nine campsites, the week after the 4th of July only 3 were occupied.

I haven't met Tim yet but have met most of the others. I found that I'm distantly related to the Olearys at Michaud Farm and half of Allagash village, Trevor and Kale.

My cousin married into the Oleary family and it's her house that the nurse who is under quarantine for Ebola is renting in Ft Kent.

My cousins got to spend the summer at Michaud Farm with their father just before he died, they grew up across the street from Norman L'Italien and worked for him for several years.

Back