I visited LLB this summer after paddling the Allagash. While I regret not buying a bunch of their PFDs that were on sale (good quality and low cost, good for friends / loaners), I am also deeply saddened by their change in scope. When I asked some of the workers they were tight-lipped, yet...
Also perhaps the Swift Prospector 13 depending on your height / weight - VERY versatile boats that can do just about anything. Also can be had in the pack boat configuration (with the seat on the floor), but personally I would go with the variable height seat pods if you do end up going with...
I typed this this morning before Marc's post and forgot to hit post! :ROFLMAO: 😁
I don't think it's really necessary to lean to the gunwale for maneuvering in pretty much any situation unless you are exhibiting - it's a skill I personally want to learn because I think it gives you more...
Not sure whether you're still in the market, but the Phoenix in BlackLite HD was mentioned - doubtful you'll find a better deal than this anytime over the next couple of years:
https://www.facebook.com/share/19FiwA2yHQ/
Any canoe that you think of as having very good secondary stability is likely a boat that can easily be heeled, but I am sure the best answer to this is that it depends on the skill and technique of the paddler first and foremost. I am so madly in love with the WildFIRE in part because it is...
I am sure you'll find quite a bit about that paddle on the forum elsewhere - to me it has been transformative. The trick is to brace the paddle off the gunwale when you make your J and use an in-water recovery; that combination GREATLY reduces stresses and fatigue, meaning that although it's not...
Thought I would add this question to an existing thread rather than start a new - I am soon to get a Royalex solo boat that has a skid plate on one end (on the stern only). Do any of you see any logic in adding a plate to the other? What I would really like to do is remove the one skid and see...
I am hoping to be able to line and wade without getting wet feet - hence my interest in dry pants with booties - but it seems options are quite limited in that field. It's interesting that the Kokatat website says it's meant for entry-level paddling, which makes me wonder whether it's as...