End of year trips (Algonquin Park)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of year trips (Algonquin Park)

Hope everyone had a good year of paddling. It looks like I'm done for the year, so here are the reports on my final two trips. Both were in September, both had lots of rain and both were still pretty great. Only one had a root fire though, so I guess there's that. I'll post the second trip as a reply to this thread for people who have a few hours to kill and want to read both.

Have a great offseason!

Drew
    I usually love the sound of rain on the roof. Whether you're in the city or the country, a house or a tent, there's something very soothing about the patter of drops hitting the roof above you. It makes the world seem small and cozy, a reminder that you're inside, warm and dry, while the…

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a group of men in possession of a good saw, will saw the shit out of a bunch of logs.  - Jane Austen, probably. My final trip this year was another weekender with some buddies from work. There were four of us: myself, Rob, Todd and Nigel. This was…

Comment

Sitting here by my morning fire, Mr. Lakes, and just finished your Booth Lake trip report. Very droll and amusing writing style! I imagine you are an entertaining speaker. Do you often present slide shows on your adventures?

Comment

Hey PaddlingPitt, thank you very much for the compliment and I’m sorry for the very late reply. I somehow missed your note the first time around. To answer your question, I’ve done a couple of presentations (two, exactly). Both were right after I did the 100 lakes thing so I think that was the driving force behind the interest. Who knows what the future holds, but for now I think it’ll still mostly be on the writing side

Comment

Working...
        X