• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

9 days turned into 4...

Reaction score
Well we packed 9 days worth of food, but got lucky and hate only 4 days worth of it... Went out for a hunting by canoe trip, left on friday morning, 3 guys, 3 tandem canoes, one Snowtrekker tent, a lot of trad gear and not so trad, no camp stove(gas stove that is) but a fire box and a Kelly Kettle... This time I didn't forget the axe!! Sow a moose while I was doing my morning business, took the time to wipe my arse and off we went after the beast... My worst shot ever but long story short I got him in the canoe and back home using my dad's old Browning BAR Belgium made he gifted me this summer!! Went back to camp 4 hrs after I shot... Had a huge breakfast, went to bed late, slept well, slept in(07:10) breakfast, break down camp, land up canoe and headed home!!

Attachments

• photo12572.jpg
    photo12572.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1
  • photo12573.jpg
    photo12573.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo12574.jpg
    photo12574.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo12575.jpg
    photo12575.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo12576.jpg
    photo12576.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo12577.jpg
    photo12577.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1
I'll bet dressing out that Moose was interesting !
Great trip report !
Thanks !

Jim

Here's a trick question, would you rather get your moose on day 4 or day 9?
Congrats on a good trip. Adding another good story to some hand me down gear. (The Browning.) That's always good.
But what, no snow?

Last edited:
Good job, liked the pics, Thanks for sharing. Looks like you have you meat for the winter.

Robin, 2 small moose between 4 families totalling 15 people... It will do us fine, but probably just fine!!

Good job, liked the pics, Thanks for sharing. Looks like you have you meat for the winter.

hahaha I guess on day 8 would be ideal, so you get all the time out, you hate all the food, and have a day to get back home with lighter canoes!!

I'll bet dressing out that Moose was interesting !
Great trip report !
Thanks !

Jim

The moose made it up to dry land with a little bit of elbow grease!! So field dressing it was as usual, 4hrs from first shot to all of it in the canoe ready to get back to camp!

Very Nice! Did you take off right away, or did you take time to eat a little moose brulee?

so I shot that moose at around 8 am, we were back at camp for lunch(about a km away from camp is where he fell) then we stayed the night and went home the next day!

Back