GF1K1z3.png

Di5xwrB.png

kF7P764.png

pLECE6L.png

WWO7fka.png

Mv4KqiJ.png

QjLt4lG.png

RkY6DZT.png

F*&#ing eh! This is fantastic! Very kind and generous of you to provide this valuable information. I appreciate it so much. Many thanks!

These are excellent maps, I did this 100 mile circuit without a hitch. Outstanding trip, Thanks Memaquay. BTW, first time using my cell phone to post.

Just doing a little revisiting and day dreaming. Robin: you did this route solo? How many days required for a leisurely trip with fishing do you figure?

Yes, I did it solo. It took me 10 days without a rest day. Here's the trip report http://www.canoetripping.net/forums...rn-ontario-marshall-lake-circuit-10-days-solo

Here's a video of the trip, it was my first try with a Gopro iirc and I had a half full card in the camera at the beginning, so I only got a small portion of the trip recorded, but it gives you a sense of the area.

https://youtu.be/fTT3tQsGrnI

I have gone back to Marshall Lake 2 times, it's a great crown land trip and Memaquay (Rob Haslam) is very knowledgeable/helpful about planning a trip here.

Had to change our plans for the school spring trip, AGAIN! Third time in the last month. Top ports on lakes above Eaglecrest on the Steel system have disappeared, going to take big cutting, more than we can get done by this Tuesday. So we are going up to the Kap Bridge, and going down to Stone lake. If time allows, we might be able to cut out the Stone-Ara port.

So my buddy Chainsaw Rob just got back from clearing the big port from Stone to Ara and the big one from Meta to the Ogoki road. The rest of the loop was cleared two summers ago by the Outers, so this loop is in prime condition if anyone wants to do it in the next few weeks.

Big "Thumbs Up" to Chainsaw Rob. That's a huge effort and I for one appreciate it. If folks like Memaquay and Rob didn't do this we would loose so many great circuits and that would be a shame. When I went thru the Meta to Ogoki Rd portage (mile and 1/4 iirc) it wasn't too to bad, lots of overgrowth but the trail was easy to follow. I remember sliding my canoe uphill over some downed big trees and crawling underneath.
Thanks Again!

Back