• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

LaVerendrye-circuit 34

Reaction score
My good friend Gerald Guay and I spent 5 days on circuit 34 last week. We planned on 8 days but the weather turned bad and we chose to pack it in, no worry, it's a short route and we had no problems ending early. It's an easy route with lots of small creek paddling, a few big lakes also.
Here are some pics

Of course pancake in the cold handle frying pan day one.

Gerald heading out early day two. We paddled solo almost the whole trip, Gerald is an early riser and me not so much so we would meet up later in the day at a site we had agreed on or a better one close by.

My Chestnut Chum loaded,

Geralds tent and his neatness shows here,

My little solo which sprung a leak and required a tarp over the top every night after.

Gerald loading up on a cool foggy morning

A nasty portage takeout

A nice campsite location on our last night,

Our last "put in" of the trip, in the rain.

Gerald learning the "Go Pro"

I got it!! (havin' fun on the trail)

The "nice campsite location on our last night" photo shows the canoe's graceful sheerline curves with the sharp bow pointing the way. This really reminds me of paddling my Huron stripper towards a place on the shoreline, with the bow and lines looking the same way.

Good trip! I like your two easy going approaches to travel. We'll get there when we get there.
Glad the sun smiled for a few days at least. I really like the photos, nice work.

Nice pics Robin, I am also patiently waiting for the video!

I hate a leaky tent... it's happened so many times, I no longer can sleep at night without a tarp over the top! Lol

Jason

Very cool looking, thanks for sharing, I too am looking forward to the video. Could you also share with a map where this is located? Thanks

Very cool looking, thanks for sharing, I too am looking forward to the video. Could you also share with a map where this is located? Thanks
Gerald and I talked about what we like in today's trip reports and a nice map of the route would be in there. Unfortunatley, I have no idea how to ad one or to highlite the route. (new thread started)

That's what I found frustrating with the La Verendrye site, there are no maps available to look at online.
Their route descriptions are helpful though.
http://www.canot-camping.ca/3-days.html
http://www.canot-camping.ca/maps.html
You either have to use another online topo site (which I do anyway) or order from them. If I ever do any routes of the LaV I'll order from them, I love paper maps, but I'll already have checked out the route with Cal Topo or Gmap etc.
BTW, thanks for that other thread, I've always wanted to be able to post maps.

Last edited:
Back