• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Some friends

Reaction score
These are really good friends of mine and amazing trippers! They did the Nahanni over land trip, and many others that takes them places rarely traveled the way they do it. This trip took them from Yellow knife to barren on the Thelon river... Here you have a link to there trip on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/wildroaming/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
enjoy!

That's great. Can't wait to see the rest of it when it gets posted. Thanks for posting.

Starting at Yellowknife and crossing Pike's portage to access the barrens via artillery lake has been tinkling around in my brain for the last year or so. Sounds like a wonderful area.

Alan

That's great. Can't wait to see the rest of it when it gets posted. Thanks for posting.

Starting at Yellowknife and crossing Pike's portage to access the barrens via artillery lake has been tinkling around in my brain for the last year or so. Sounds like a wonderful area.

Alan

You're back!! Hope you had a great trip!! Can't wait to read the story/pictures!

The link in you post didn't work for me, Canotrouge. Maybe it has been removed or my computer isn't working. I would like to read about the Thelon trip. It is a river I would like to paddle someday, if I can save the money for another fly-in one day. If it doesn't work for you either, do you have link to the report?

The link in you post didn't work for me, Canotrouge. Maybe it has been removed or my computer isn't working. I would like to read about the Thelon trip. It is a river I would like to paddle someday, if I can save the money for another fly-in one day. If it doesn't work for you either, do you have link to the report?

You are right. I will investigate and get back with what I find.

Canotrouge - Thanks for posting that second link. The first one didn't work for me either.

Wonderful trip report. I can't imagine what must have gone through their minds at times. Being out there with the white caps, winds, grizzlies and other natural phenomenon is both exhilarating & exhausting; probably scary as heck from time to time as well.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

Alan...I have been to YKnife a few times...we used to look after the Squadron up there. It is really pretty and from the air my first thought was wow this would be an awesome place to canoe.

Thank you for posting the 2nd link. Enjoyed the very well written trip report and the pictures chosen were each real gems. Very nice, thank you for sharing.

Back