• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

French River Fall Trip Video

Reaction score
Came across a video today of a French River trip from the Fall of 2012. It's from Frontier Bushcraft over in the UK. Lots of great camera footage of shooting rapids, lining, etc.

My neighbours were on the French a few years back and complained the sites were littered with junk and masses of toilet paper - worst they've ever seen. Kind of turned me off until seeing this video. Any recent paddlers on the upper French River seen improvement?

I was on the French about ten years ago, and I was completely disgusted. Shore lines and ports were covered in toilet paper and poop. When the weekend hit, more people paddled past me than actually lived in my town. I was there to take some training. I wouldn't go back. Perhaps it is different in the spring or fall, but if you are looking for a wilderness trip, this is not it.

Not the upper. Went below Hwy 69 two years ago on a big loop and it was fine. I was apprehensive before the trip as about ten years ago I did a trip in the same area and around 14 mile island and found campsites heaped with dirty diapers and TP and mountains of beer bottles. I don't know..maybe the designation of a Provincial Park helped?

Back