• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Kennedy Lakes, New Brunswick

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thought I'd throw in another New Brunswick trip report to complete the hat trick.

A friend and I portaged into the Kennedy Lakes back on the May long weekend -- May 15-18, 2015. We accessed the area via an old logging road off of Route 108 somewhere outside Renous -- see map on included link. I would recommend a truck or something with a bit of ground clearance for the road -- although we drove in in a Toyota Corolla. At the end of the road there's a parking area and a portage trail that's ~500m that takes you into Second Fowler Lake, from there you make your way into Kennedy/Upper Kennedy via two additional quick portages.

In total we spent 4 days exploring and fishing the area -- one of which was a rain day. We didn't cover a great distance but the scenery was beautiful and the fishing wasn't bad. The lakes are small so even in high winds they would be manageable by a single paddler. There are two campsites on the lake, one nice one at the north end, one not so nice one (for tent campers) in the southeast -- see map. It was a great trip in my opinion, pure wilderness. I definitely intend on going back.

An expanded trip report/article can be viewed at the following URL:

https://maritimeoutofdoors.wordpress.com/2015/07/19/kennedy-lakes/

Attachments

• photo2657.jpg
    photo2657.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo2658.jpg
    photo2658.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 0
Back