• Happy Scream Day! 😱

Wild Weekend.

Reaction score
Took my 2 sons and one of my grandson's to Hoel Pond this weekend (ADKs NY). Saturday gave us at least 5 of these blasts. This one at suppertime caught us by surprise.

Yes, those are Steak Tips cooking in a Cold Handle Pan.

Those steaks look good! Hope they made it, gear can be replaced, but a ruined steak....It looks like fun.

We have happily hunkered down waiting out heavy constant rain, been driven into tents and smokey firesides by bugs without too much expletive ranting, and even the odd snowfall has added an unwelcome surprise, but I really hate high winds. That's the only thing that pushes my buttons and demoralizes me. Now I know how to deal with it, thanks Sweeper. I need a pan full of steak tips frying on glowing embers. That'll cheer me up.

Phew!! Not the day to be out for a leisurely paddle...
I hope you pulled the plug out of the Kelly before it started roaring!!

It's an upgrade, a Tea Kettle Stoppers that whistle when it starts boiling. It's a lot easier to get the kettle off the base without getting water on the wood in the base

I am happy to report that all the Steak Tips made it safely to the dining area under the big tarp. I was forced to eat more than my fair share.

reminds me of a sort of canoe trip we took with our kids to Forked Lake in the Adirondacks.. As all the sites are walk or boat in we had taken boats. The kids were three and six and had their own tent which they loved,. They wanted no part of sleeping with Mom and Dad.. Our tent was about 20 feet away.. A sudden storm brought a microburst and a big limb came down next to our tent.. Not knowing whether the kids had been hurt I was a mess.. Turned out this branch some foot in diameter had fallen between our tent and theirs.. They were fine but crying.
There was carnage everywhere from downed trees and branches. We walked to the next campsite and found an entire pine tree had landed on the picnic table and broken everything on it.. The tent was seemingly untouched.. A light shown from the inside with loud Mozart..

Turned out the occupants were totally unaware. As the wind increased they turned up the volume on their portable phonograph( remember vinyl?) and enjoyed some more wine.

Forked Lake is kind of creepy to me.. I also found out while camped there that Princess Diana had died.. One of those moments that happen that you can't forget.. I was doing some spins in our big Wenonah tandem while hubby packed the truck on the beach and he had the car radio on.

And we had hysterical momemts too.. My SIL came with a bunch of her friends to meet with us.. They were first time campers. Watching them put up their tent for the first time at midnight on a dark campsite was the Original Comedy Club..

Attachments

• 6miY7dTxlIrbfy3pJAdhA3kjo7cs29cMv_6Ljg9Pod6Tp-NSKAGIFE4LEUeHFX4nANLslbfr4czHLSEVwyRVMpiByVRCbWiosgo9
    19.1 KB · Views: 0
  • otQ3OhHNcTeo2nOD1DlqjwB9TsIBxqWnrhOjc994inVY2432sb2IRRUaZkszhmiUrj4CjKhT6JG266WkTcUvPZ9a4kGnLWy79j_d
    475.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
So it wasn’t all wind and fury!!
Who has that Element? I’m driving my second one for 11 years now
really capable and versatile better in snow than any “real” 4wd that I’ve ever owned

That's my '04 Element AWD w/84,000 miles on it!

I think the pair of ROs that I bought for $22 came from a Scout Troop

Back