• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Rock Creek Montana

Reaction score
Has anyone canoed Rock Creek? I am looking to do it in June this year. In books it speaks of class II or III depending non water level in one short stretch - would anyone have insight on this rapid? Ease of portage if water too high?

I canoed Rock Creek this summer in a solo with my buddy - July 17th I think. We were about 40 miles up Rock Creek road from the mouth. The scenery was great. It was all private and the water was not in runoff mode but was still a little high and moving pretty good. The section we canoed had lots of twists and turns, some nice waves but no hard rapids to go through. The quick turns were the most fun. I am guessing May and June may be the most exciting months and I know that by the end of July you may be scraping bottom is some places. I saw many section that were straight and fast with rocks to dodge. All in all it looked like an exciting river to canoe but in high alert mode.
Also, from fishing this creek many times the major concern may be the log jams that can cover the width of the creek.

Last edited:
Back