Older canoe repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gumpus,

I thought that speed was the reason Bill Mason always paddled red canoes but turns out according to his daughter Becky it was because red canoes looked good on film!

And I'd be happy to lend her to ya for a day!

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Pook View Post
      Gumpus,

I thought that speed was the reason Bill Mason always paddled red canoes but turns out according to his daughter Becky it was because red canoes looked good on film!

And I'd be happy to lend her to ya for a day!

Bruce
      That's a generous offer. Tomorrow works fine for me and if you could drop it off between 8 and 9 am that would be great.

Comment

Maybe 20-hours of work, $40 in paint, rivets, and wood...and nearly done...Click image for larger version

Name:	72483114_10218939416010826_8835119414341795840_n.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	100750

Comment

Nice save. That is a lot of work and a great result.

Comment

I like the paint job, looks nice. What are the plans for seats?

Comment

Wow. I went back to the original photos for comparison. Would never guess it was the same boat.

I’m curious about the seat plan as well.

Deck plate plan? Maybe cut a piece of somewhat flexible black plastic and pop rivet it atop the gunwale stems, with some holes drilled for painter keeper bungees.

Looking forward to seeing it with seats, yoke, thwart, carry handles or however you finish the trim. And a report on how she paddles.

Comment

Wow, great job!

Comment

Working...
                X