• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Glassing Monday

Reaction score
Anybody wanting to watch, I'll be glassing this hull Monday, if all goes according to plan.
IMG_0182_zps3vfhsuep.jpg
IMG_0174_zpsehar4fgk.jpg

Jim

Tempting. I'm not too far from Iowa, But I need to work & have a busy week to be ready for on top of it.

Looks like that hull faired out well.
It took me a few minutes to appreciate some of the subtler bits of the accent... In addition to the alternating strip, I count:

Dark (Redwood?) strip two courses down.
Light (sapwood) cedar, two courses up.
The three sheer strips seem to have been color selected as well. Are these just red-ish cedar, or another species? (I might guess douglas fir?)

Also trying to figure out the little "tooth" bits on each end. I like them, but I'm wondering if they serve a purpose other than decoration.

Please post results, as it appears that I may have to live a build vicariously for a while, as my build plans seem to have fallen through.

LJ

Hi LJ
I used left overs on this build. And yes there is some Redwood, good eye! The three shear strips are Redwood, as well as the one dark strip above the feature strip.The light and dark in the feature strip, are dark cedar, and Aspen. Aspen holds it's color very well, and sands good also.

Years ago I started with the Tooth, as a waterline reference, and now put it in all my strippers.

I'll try and post some pics.

Jim

Back