• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Nice video of Marshall Lake circuit

Thanks Robin. It's always pretty cool to see and recognize places in photos and film another traveller is discovering for themselves, in this case the Marshall Lake route. Glad he gave a shout out to Rob and the Outers.
People who clear portages don't get enough recognition IMO.

ps . Lots of fun in part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5OXLXWs_Ic

Last edited:
Here's part 2. One more part yet to be published. He's got a nice screen personality.

Nice video. This one has a little of everything. I usually don't do solo overnight trips, but I have been thinking about it. I would never get in a canoe with a crew of one without wearing a lifejacket even on flat water in the summer. Great fising, plenty of wildlife, nice riffles. Cool .

Watched the first ! Pretty cool. and just about how it is !

Looking forward to time to watch the rest !

Jim

There's a part towards the end of the 3rd edition where he gets up early and records the happenings around him. I stayed on that same rock back in 2014 and it really brought back a lot of pleasant memories.
I have watched a ton of canoe videos and this 3 part series ranks right up there with the best imho.

Cheated, and watched part three, as it showed up on Youtube.
Simply incredible !!! 5 stars for sure !

You can count on my watching and enjoying this again !

Thanks Robin for bringing it to life here !

Mem, I'm even more jealous ! Great work you have done up there !

Jim

Being in Arizona, I am shocked at the mosquito problem this guy was having. That seems like it would ruin it for me. I would have to take measures to reduce the problem. Desert camping, we usually let a dry-ish cow pie smolder in camp. Sometimes four or five cow pies smoldering works awesome. The smoke usually climbs up with the heat of the fire to about head height, then levels out horizontally. Mosquitos hate the smoke. Also a slight breeze helps, they have a hard time flying in any kind of wind. When me and the wife camped out one night on the Colorado, we saw zero mosquitos, and the red ants go to sleep at night. Bottom line is nothing bit us, not once.

Ha ha, no cow pies up here. The bugs are real. They usually back off in August, but we had a wet end to the summer. Smudge fires help, but only if you've been drink'n. The only real escape is a kind of jedi trick, where you pretend to be unaffected, but are really being chewed alive. Or, use deet, lots of it. I do both, depending on whom I have to impress.

Larry, I've canoed with that guy and he tends to attract the bugs, which is kinda nice because all you have to do is sit away from him and you're all set.:cool:

We could smudge the Moose pellets but unfortunately, we are not an arid climate and they turn to mush.

Back