• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Algonquin Park spring brook trout trip video's

Reaction score
Last edited:
Robin - Thanks for posting those. I was able to catch the first one, kind of like a preview, but will have to return to the second video. I always enjoy watching trip videos from Canada as they get to do things differently than we do in the states. Always interesting to see the perspective they have on land use and other topics.

BTW...if you don't mind my asking, what prompted the change in your avatar? I always enjoyed seeing your ruggedly handsome, outdoor oriented smile on your posts. Guess I'll have to get used to the new one (LOL).

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

HaHa, That's funny about the avatar. Maybe I should have kept the old one, but I've aged a few years since the old pic and was wondering if someone would say something at the next gathering "gee, you look a lot younger in your avatar" ....haha, guess my wife is right, I worry too much about what people think. Thanks snapper.

I'm always amazed at the size of the Brookies in Algon. Park. Someone told me they are a unique genetic offshoot, not sure if that's true or fake news.

This is my neck of the woods and I am not sure but I believe the natural Trout population is genetically pure.
With the average portage being 1Km and a 2 or 3 K port is not unusual the fishery is protected from the masses. Someone once described canoeing in Algonquin as more of a backpacking trip where you carry a canoe to get to the next trail.
It takes some work to get to the good fishing and fortunately most do not want to put in the effort to get there. The Lakes along the Hwy 60 corridor are pretty much fished out and the stocked lakes are hit pretty hard during the first couple of weeks after the ice goes out.

Back