• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Traditional canoes and gear video

Maybe it's just me and my feeble romantic notions but there are times when it's as important how you do things as the wheres, whens and whys. But that's just my soft focused world view. That's a really pretty river, and the how this Guide is tripping seems to fit perfectly with it.

Great video Robin, reminds me of when I was a kid and just starting to canoe and camping, lots of backpacking in those days. I love my Duluth Kitchen Pack, almost 20 years old now and wish my other Duluth pack had survived the house fire. Still use the Kitchen pack almost every trip I take. Thanks for posting that!

Outstanding! I have paddled the Namakagon - it can get pretty bony in low water. I never knew he was around or I likely would have looked him up. Great video - especially as I just loaded wood for the house - in this 0 degree night and wait in earnest for the Canoecopia Show this weekend.

Thanks Robin.

Bob.

I like the frying pan they use. It's steel and without a handle. Just a short thimble welded to the side that can take any old stick lying around I wonder where I could get one of those?

Mark

Hate to be a Downer ! But the lack of PFDs being used, bothers me !

Other than that, a nice video.

Jim

dogbrain.......
I like the frying pan too, friends of mine from Sweden gave me a +/- 9 inch frying pan like that, it is made by Muurikka in Finland. I'll stick a link in at the end of this post of one place to buy it.
What I really want is one of those Explorer Tents, One of my college canoeing friends had one of real lightweight material, he still has it in the upstairs of his garage. He will not sell it to me or give it to me, but his wife say's I can have it if I out live him. I'm pretty sure that will not happen. I comfort myself with the thought that it is more than likely laying up in his storage room dry rotting away. There are a few places to buy them, but they are all made of heavy canvas. If I am going to carry a heavy canvas tent at my age, I want it to be a wall tent, with a wood stove, a folding cot, a thick pad, sheets and big fluffy down quilt.
........Birchy

dogbrain....... If I am going to carry a heavy canvas tent at my age, I want it to be a wall tent, with a wood stove, a folding cot, a thick pad, sheets and big fluffy down quilt.
........Birchy

I know what your saying, been there and still doing that!

vu_s9kByDQ8cd2CIrv2JYbjVvyprsAx3Zr7SfZwPF0ZRAh5ttfUv-k3u_fGJ_J57QZxVYCik9e8sfIE1cYMDvI9rVUOgVhvJNvktG_CbJiblaO6Nmvk8RpXWAB1q7R9IkgXuoApiwzm1q_RurA_K0wu6WRzUV4v1-yG6eHuxmnQgAjthZvHBU0UA6_F7jjlThKLB-KjFYe2xZB4nUt4eBEwYpT4mzb8_m7nsOslONCd4raYDS7JB5Kp81buihPSZ14qRB6kbqpYTGG6KOK0ppxuT13M76ZCw2sjyGsoK0enWvvJKOv2M4yvhbeq9auEsYUgw1aPDqQNrDo4rUXiOxl94KUI9QW_7SKuiyZzMqLqAo7OAvG5zzm78Wg9px2anxyKn3mJoZEusSt30N57l2qilIxKu5d5o5yAkZqiBT67GUN-RblKj7yEWw4-ep9zbtETeTbk1SHY_EgrkKaAF9BqEd4b5NQRXxGYETIF3g-5Ox8l3OP1evz54dfKyq-93YU-82ZOIIa7wy3RD--NkBRprPVsT5cZHdbke8u58vltVzmEtzIPUfLHwbU1tQcXYt9oa9iZ-gxhekbo3lTTNseM6ZxFFiAWVd0bPysPobFSJ8dCvNiTe3RUGdhpo16kvIuFdfxCbPlvUNSOGq1Fuyk9EckfrIcQ=w640-h480-no

Back