• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

Another Old Guy videos his canoe trip

Yes, part II is very good, his campfire narration is very good and his sketch/paint was nice. His home made fire box works well at keeping him warm as he cooks some nice meals on a cold dreary day.

I have a new favourite canoe camp video, thanks Robin. I like the quiet narration, and it's so good to hear wind and water with logs on the fire.

That is a handy fire (cash) box stove. I really like that idea.
(And James meant to say the portage in metres, not feet. But I don't think that matters much, it was a nice walk in the autumn woods.)
"Don't worry, I'm not going to make another spoon..." Ha! Good humour under a grey sky. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Robin - Thanks for sharing the initial link. I enjoyed both parts of his video and appreciate his cash box "stove" as well as his sense of humor. He's a talented individual and I appreciated his point of view on many things. I am really curious about one thing though...how long of a burn does he get from his alcohol stove? Most people use them just to boil water. He's actually cooking with one.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

I liked the stove but I fear it may be a short lived affair what with the amount of heat it had to take. No matter, it was slick. I feel an old school trip coming on this spring.

Pretty awesome video, I enjoy watching woodsmen with the individual ways they paddle, set camp etc. I really enjoyed watching this, just came in from the snowy timber here putting up firewood for next year. Stoked the stove, had a lunch of sausage, eggs and cheese and watched this video, what a great way to relax this afternoon. Now after typing this, my dogs and I will get back out in the timber for a couple mile romp up and down the snowy hills, it will be nice to day dream about this video as well as my trip this spring. Thanks for posting this Robin, I love videos like these.

Bob.

I enjoyed these. Thanks for pointing the way. I like how he split it up. The comments show that people were happy without there being music. His narration filled the audio void very nicely.

I have a new favourite canoe camp video, thanks Robin. I like the quiet narration, and it's so good to hear wind and water with logs on the fire.

That is a handy fire (cash) box stove. I really like that idea.
(And James meant to say the portage in metres, not feet. But I don't think that matters much, it was a nice walk in the autumn woods.)
"Don't worry, I'm not going to make another spoon..." Ha! Good humour under a grey sky. Good stuff.

Thanks for watching my vid and making the great comments, really encouraging me to make more.
I'll show the "stove" again for sure, something so simple worked so well.

I liked the stove but I fear it may be a short lived affair what with the amount of heat it had to take. No matter, it was slick. I feel an old school trip coming on this spring.

We all take a lot of heat , we need to stay strong for what little time we have.

Pretty awesome video, I enjoy watching woodsmen with the individual ways they paddle, set camp etc. I really enjoyed watching this, just came in from the snowy timber here putting up firewood for next year. Stoked the stove, had a lunch of sausage, eggs and cheese and watched this video, what a great way to relax this afternoon. Now after typing this, my dogs and I will get back out in the timber for a couple mile romp up and down the snowy hills, it will be nice to day dream about this video as well as my trip this spring. Thanks for posting this Robin, I love videos like these.

Bob.

Awesome woodsman, I like it. :)

I enjoyed these. Thanks for pointing the way. I like how he split it up. The comments show that people were happy without there being music. His narration filled the audio void very nicely.

I am glad you enjoyed the video and my voice, I hope to record and use more natural ambient sound in coming videos. Thanks.

I'm looking forward to some more videos Jim, good stuff. I always enjoy the "Canadian" take on things, especially around a campfire.

Back