• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Video: Untitled | Driving, Hiking and a Message - from a fellow Canoeist

Nice video, your editing really brings a lot to the table. Thanks for the extra effort. Your pack, is it a Frost River Isle Royale? They should send you a Thanks, this video will no doubt sell a few. Looks really good on the trail.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom
Tom It's was simpler to make too, seeing as that I was out of a canoe for camera placement anyway. Thanks.

Robin My pack is not the Isle Royale. I make my packs myself. This one using Duluth Pack's dimensions posted on their website, and the method from a Youtube Video by BWCACAST taken at the Duluth Pack factory. This one is modeled after the Duluth Pack Bushcrafter for the most part, but I also took some inspiration from the Isle Royale by Frost River. I bought the canvas at a place called Canadian Tarpaulin. The leather I cut from a piece of double shoulder I got from Tandy Leather. The buckles and trim are from a fabric shop. My yellowish Canoe pack you can see in my trip videos is based on the Frost River Grand Portage Pack but simplified and I may have increased the dimensions. Thanks for the compliment!

Odyssey Happy new year!

GPS Riverrider,
Really nice video! Your frequent changes in camera setup added a ton of visual interest, both in the car and on the trail. Nicely edited. Congratulations.

Tony

pataneap From this, I've discovered that it's so easy to film on land. I prefer the water though, so I won't make many videos like this. Thanks for watching!

Erica I wasn't sure if it would be seen that way; it's pretty gray. Of course it's beautiful when I'm out there. I'm glad that came across in the video. Thanks for watching!

Erica I wasn't sure if it would be seen that way; it's pretty gray. Of course it's beautiful when I'm out there. I'm glad that came across in the video. Thanks for watching![/QUOTE]

When I lived up north, I did many similar walks in the snow. There is something special about being alone in the silent wood, snow on the ground. Brought back wonderful memories. Thank you.

Back