• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

NFB Paddle to the Sea

Been a long time - thanks for posting this. Mason's filmography style was rather unique and artistic. Quite the the fellow that Mr. Mason.

I've got boats to build and books to read. If you and Mem could please refrain from posting links these videos for at least a couple months it would be much appreciated.

Alan

Bill's daughter Becky came up this way to go to Nipigon when the town made the official "Paddle to the Sea Park". http://www.nipigon.net/paddle-sea/ I believe she was there for the grand opening. I sent Becky and her husband down the Namewaminikan a few days before the dedication. I haven't been to the park yet, but plan on stopping by one of these days.

I hadn't seen this film since I was a kid. (Just a few years ago.) Until I roamed through NFB and rediscovered this, I had no idea B Mason was involved. I like the idea that small communities find positive and creative ways of promoting tourism and the great outdoors. The book, film, and park are a good fit for Nipigon and regional tourism I should think. Encouraging tourists to stop and look around can be good for the local economy and tourists alike. I'm thinking along the lines of walking trails, local history museums, outfitters, rest stops and parks etc., not 100 acre theme parks with giant roller coasters and such. That's just my own narrow view of what's fun. I've been told by our younger generation that I can be no fun on car trips.

Back