• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

The real Call of the Wild

Nice video, Disney is all about the money at the expense of the real story.
From the trailers I've seen, I wouldn't pay money to watch it. Too sensationalized.

I have enjoyed Harrison Ford in many movies, when I found out that it was CG I thought I don't want to see a movie based on one of my favorite childhood books. Who the heck wants to see a dog story without a real dog dog in it. I also, dug out my old copy of Jack London's short stories, hit the trail with Buck, his dog friends, enemy's, bad and good humans.
I did however enjoy the youtube video, real dog, fire, snow and a good axe. To be completely honest though, wished the guy would have used a real toboggan & wood and rawhide snowshoes. Maybe even a real freight harness to ease the work for the dog.
Thanks for posting this one, Robin. Two thumbs up!

I have enjoyed Harrison Ford in many movies, when I found out that it was CG I thought I don't want to see a movie based on one of my favorite childhood books. Who the heck wants to see a dog story without a real dog dog in it. I also, dug out my old copy of Jack London's short stories, hit the trail with Buck, his dog friends, enemy's, bad and good humans.
I did however enjoy the youtube video, real dog, fire, snow and a good axe. To be completely honest though, wished the guy would have used a real toboggan & wood and rawhide snowshoes. Maybe even a real freight harness to ease the work for the dog.
Thanks for posting this one, Robin. Two thumbs up!

I agree BB, when I saw that it was a computerized dog I said "What the heck", and then the movie died at the box office. It could have been a great movie too, on par with Jeremiah Johnson imo.

I think the guy in the video is operating on a shoestring budget, I too was disappointed in his choice of snowshoes. He has a nice camp though I think he rents, seems he mentioned that back in an older video. A lot of folks are going with those metal snow shoes and plastic pulks/ toboggans these days, sorta like what has happened with canoes. Couldn't resist....:cool:

Last edited:
Back