• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Video: When the Water Turns

Great video as always !

That time of year again.

I've never seen a Chickadee that friendly ! Cool !

Jim

What's the trick for getting the chickadee to land on your finger? Did you have food in your hand?

Watched from beginning to end and it all works to pull in attention... after the cloudy weather muted greys and browns the color appearing at the water's edge is a high point.

Thanks for creating this vid GRS, the environmental sounds with music kept to a minimum, like before, add a lot to the sense of being there.

Jim Dodd Thanks! I find the chickadee's are especially friendly in the winter. They're only sharing space with magpies and crows so maybe they feel they can explore more freely.

Odyssey I wonder what kind of score I could've gotten had I used traditional gear?.. Thanks!

PaddlingPitt Thanks for the comment!

alsg When they gather and follow you (the only thing moving around) then you know the chance is there. They seem to be more daring or hungry. I had nothing to give them but maybe they just check to see anyway.

Gerald Thanks for watching!

frozentripper It's all brown and gray out here except at sunrise and sunset. We get a lot fewer sunny days in winter. On walks like this, following the gold light that creeps through the trees is like the foreshadowing of good things to come. I don't remember if I smiled but if it didn't look like it in the video just know I was smiling inside. Beautiful spot. Thanks for watching and the feedback!

Back