• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Dinghy camping

Reaction score
Here's a really nice video about dinghy camping. Sailing/rowing/sculling along small waters and sleeping under canvas. Not quite in the family of canoe tripping but maybe a rogue cousin. I think the canoe trippers here can relate to this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbPgP6wIF44
His boat is complete with an original built in wanniagan (food/kitchen box) and alky stove, canvas over the spar and snugged to the gunnels for his tent, dry bags tucked under side for storage and bedding on the floor.
And some might relate to his yachting rant. Ha.

Last edited:
Interesting ! I enjoyed that bit of British flavor there Mate ! Thanks !

If only I could stand on the gunnels of my canoe with out tipping over ! Ha ! OK, I'm not building any outriggers !

Jim

Interesting ! I enjoyed that bit of British flavor there Mate !

Some of the DIY Brit canal and Thames cruising boats are fascinating. And that English camping travel has a long history.

Still one of my favorite “tripping” reads, for the humor and ribald never-changing companion ribbing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Men_in_a_Boat

Used copies available for a couple bucks. That slender book still rings true today; well worth a read and chuckle.

I watched this, also a couple of his others, very entertaining on a snowy late November night. Thanks Odyssey, for sharing.
I am wondering if Roger is a relative, as we share the same surname. I had a Great, Great,Great, Grandfather that was from England, he was in the Royal Navy, didn't like it, bought out his commission from the King, emigrated to the new world ,where he owned a couple of ships that sailed Lake Eire. He lost both in bad storms, so gave up the sailing life to become a Farmer near Lake Pippin, Wisconsin.
Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving Day, best part is coming up, a sandwich made with the leftovers, homemade buns, piled high with turkey, wild rice dressing, gravy and Cranberry jelly.

Back