Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chukuni Outdoor Supply in Red Lake, Ontario

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Chukuni Outdoor Supply in Red Lake, Ontario

    Looks like Red Lake Outfitters is now Chukuni Outfitters. They still do canoe outfitting so that's good. Good Luck.

    https://chukunioutdoorsupply.ca/

    #2
    Harlan sold the business.
    https://bwca.com/index.cfm?fuseactio...D=121&confID=1

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGOrw9hg0Rk The video is quite long so grab a cuppa.
    Last edited by yellowcanoe; 09-30-2019, 06:09 PM.

    Comment


      #3
      He did not sell the business, Chukuni Outdoor Supply is a separate business. Richard, the owner seems like a pretty nice guy. I don't think the canoeing is his thing but I don't see that being a roadblock to his success. I'm almost positive the new owner does not want to be associated with RLO.

      Try suing me over this too Harlan!
      Nobody's interested in what you didn't do.

      Comment


        #4
        Harlan says on his "The End" video that he sold the business, that he just doesn't feel challenged by it anymore, that he's sure he'll miss WCPP, but that he's going to start a new life in a more populous place, which he wouldn't identify other than to say he'll be with his wife and hopes to start a family. Chukuni Outdoor Supply has the same street address that Red Lake Outfitters had.

        A lot of the long-timers on this site originally got together on Harlan's Solotripping.com, which he maintained for a couple of years when he was starting up his business. It was an excellent canoe site until it died. I bought a very lightly used 10x12 CCS tarp from Harlan for a good price.

        Comment


          #5
          .

          His website, Solotripping.com was a very good site, it was sad to see it go. When it went down the original owner of this site started Canoetripping.net as a back up till Solotripping.com came back. Sadly it never did, but Harlan still owns the domaine name Solotripping.com, always the good businessman.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Robin View Post
            Looks like Red Lake Outfitters is now Chukuni Outfitters. They still do canoe outfitting so that's good. Good Luck.

            https://chukunioutdoorsupply.ca/
            Hello everyone, I am the owner of Chukuni Outdoor Supply and just wanted to state that I am in no way affiliated with red lake outfitters. I own a small outdoor equipment retail store, for 2020 I will be outfitting select clients into woodland caribou provincial park. thank you and have a nice day.

            Comment


              #7
              Hi Chukunioutdoorsupply, thank you for introducing yourself on his forum. You mention that you will outfit select clients in 2020. Does that mean outfitting will not be part of your business in the future?

              Comment


                #8
                Good luck with your new venture. I go to Pakwash every year, perhaps we will come check out the store.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Sweetfancymoses View Post
                  Hi Chukunioutdoorsupply, thank you for introducing yourself on his forum. You mention that you will outfit select clients in 2020. Does that mean outfitting will not be part of your business in the future?
                  Outfitting will always be a part of my business, I just meant as this is the first full year that i'll be doing fully outfitted packages into the park I will be taking it slow with a minimum amount of clients for the season. too ensure maximum client satisfaction and continued success. thank you for your interest.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Chukunioutdoorsupply View Post

                    Outfitting will always be a part of my business, I just meant as this is the first full year that i'll be doing fully outfitted packages into the park I will be taking it slow with a minimum amount of clients for the season. too ensure maximum client satisfaction and continued success. thank you for your interest.
                    That sounds like a good plan.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X