GRB Newman Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRB Newman Design

I'd like to recognize Gene Newman and his company. I just bought one of his six degree bent shaft paddles and I'm very happy with the paddle and the customer service.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	95782

I've been using GRB paddles, and their custom woodstrip voyageur and other race canoes since 2007. Brothers John and Gene Newman are great long time supporters of the canoe race community. I have their paddles in one inch increments from 48-53 inches, some are duplicated. When I cracked a blade in half during a race by wedging it between rocks they replaced it, no problem. Always carry a spare for such instances.
    Last edited by yknpdlr; 07-26-2019, 10:14 PM.
    "She's all my fancy painted her, she's lovely, she is light. She waltzes on the waves by day and rests with me at night." - Nessmuk, Forest and Stream, July 21, 1880 [of the Wood Drake Canoe built for him by Rushton]

Comment

I bought my first GRB paddle several weeks ago, and so far I love it. Weight, balance and general feel are spot on. I have the 12 degree, 50 inches. Great to buy something from a real company/person, as opposed to the 'ships from and sold by da maschine'.

I bought the paddle as a companion to my Zav Z Medium, which I've had for 10 years and is a bit beat up. They are competing for the starting job. The Zav may have to be content with shallow water work.

Comment

My GRB is my most used paddle, used it for several years of open canoe downriver whitewater racing, tough as nails and very light. My ZRE's are a bit lighter but not as durable. Even when using the ZRE the GRB is always in the boat.

Comment

Working...
        X