• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Fund Raiser Raffle

Reaction score
I should have probably done this earlier but for the fund raiser raffle if you have sent in a contribution you are in. If you have could you please send a simple message with header Fund Raiser saying yes to in or no to out. This year two members have been generous to donate and will ship the winners their prize. I have yet to nail down some details with one so will post after chatting with them. Thanks everyone.

dougd

aak! I have to figure out my Pay Pal account
checkbook is home
Im not for five weeks!
i know u snooze and u lose

Hi Doug, I think I might have missed the items offered up.
I also have something to offer and ship at my expense you if want, it is an old Marples sheath knife with stag handle.
Jim

Jim, Still figuring things out so I hadn't posted anything yet. I'll PM you if you want to offer this to the raffle. Sometimes I'm a real slug about organizing things!

No worries. I usually need a deadline to to get anything done. I’m out of town till the weekend closing down my old shop but when I get back I can send you a pic, if I can find it with everything in boxes from the move.
Jim

aak! I have to figure out my Pay Pal account
checkbook is home
Im not for five weeks!
i know u snooze and u lose

YC, hope you figure out your PayPal.

I like the minicell cozies! With pencil holder please!

I will double my raffle prize. For a winner who paddles tandem, or with a spousal companion in two solo boats, I will ship two double barrel minicel canoe consoles.

PC191451 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

I’ll even drill the pencil holder, and throw in some other knickknacks, wood seat drops or canted kneeling thwart drops or etc.

P1190011 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

US winners only; shipping two chunks of minicel and a few pieces of wood to Canada would not be cost effective.

Mike do you require photo authentication?
Sometime I will get power. The computer is dead
I am on my phone which I have intentionally left dumb

Erica already sent donation....I'm in for the raffle....thanks for organizing

Sent the donation via PP a few days ago. Pencil me in if you would, please.

Thank you for your effort and for the site.

9E8AD59D-FFD9-4BE8-962C-0A6AB874D726.jpeg
here is the Marble’s knife I’ll offer up. Barn fresh, just as I found it in a basement clean out. Looked all over for the sheath no luck. Knife only.not sure about shipping to Canada as it is a knife. Other than that I’ll pay shipping.
Jim

For the procrastinators among us when does the raffle end?
I'm sure $$$ would be welcome year round, but I got my eye on the Marbles Sheath Knife.

To All,

The Fund Raiser has been amazing on my end! Busy as could be keeping up with PayPal and checks coming in. We, you, have raised enough for another year to keep the site up and financially sound for the next year! We raised a bit more then last year but something funky has been going on with my snail mail in the last couple of days so am not getting mail. Looking into that as I don't know if anyone sent checks and they didn't arrive yet.

I'm going to close the fund raiser on Saturday so if there's anyone who wants to still line the site pot there's still a little time and every penny helps! I must say that the generous offers coming in at such a quick pace has been impressive. I guess as a canoeing website that depends on you shows the amount of dedication and caring it takes to keep us alive for another year! Pat yourselves on the back for pulling this off in such a short time as I applaud all of your efforts in donations and sharing your knowledge.

Borreal and everyone, I need to go through my records, yeah, I track each and every transaction, and need to do some work on my end to get the raffle in order and will need a little time to pull that all together. I will post when I get that done. This raffle has been a surprise on my end due to those who have offered to donate stuff paying for shipping which takes a burden off my back and I thank you all for your offers. I will post more on the raffle as I get the logistics figured out.

So, in the end we as a canoeing/paddling community without advertisements have safely set us up for another year of shared experiences! It's what makes us unique! Please take a moment to say a Thanks to Robin Lauer for making this all happen. Without his efforts, dedication and perseverance and setting the bar high for a great site to come to we would not exist!

Many Thanks to you all for making this continue to happen!

dougd

Doug- all, Raffle off 1 Cooke Custom Sewing 10 x 10 1.9oz Tundra Tarp Free shipping to US or Canada. Retail Value $116.00. Will ship mid March. Doug will post winner?

Thanks Dan for contributing such a fine Raffle Prize ! I'll keep my Fingers crossed !
Jim

Back