• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

A Fresh Start

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Robin, I also go by Beavertail here. Today I have become the new administrator of this site, although the transfer is not complete yet and may take some time to figure out all the details.

You might notice that all the old news has been removed. I thought it would be better to start fresh and move forward. It's a somewhat melancholy day for me, but I hope the site continues to be a friendly informative place for us to come to where we share our experiences and ideas about canoetripping.

If you want to contact me or the site administrator, it might be best to send any mail to "Beavertail" as my user name Robin is new and cannot respond till after I post 5 times.

Thank You

The king is dead, long live the king!

Kudos to you, Robin, and thanks for all that you did.

If you need help with things, I'd be happy to be a supporter.

Tom (now back to lurking)

Well for goodness sakes!! WOW!! You said you were working on it and it sure looks like you pulled it off! Congratulations!
If, as you start getting a grip on what lies ahead as administrator, and you see you need to hire some expertise for some problem as yet undiscovered, please remember you are not alone. Call on us.

Now, with your newly redirected retirement, does that mean that your canoes will be going up for sale soon? Maybe you'd swap for an extra special cushion enhanced computer chair? Just kidding, but it will be interesting to see how you balance things.
Best Wishes, Rob

it might be best to send any mail to "Beavertail" as my user name Robin is new and cannot respond till after I post 5 times.

Well, as administrator, you can change that rule.

Congratulations! Especially on your perseverence. I know from your public postings and our email correspondence that you had lots of mixed and changing emotions about whether, and how, to take on this challenge. I'm sure you'll do great.

I am happy to hear the site will continue. I never had the chance to meet Willis in person, but he will still be missed by me. I am glad this site will serve as a legacy to him at least in my mind.

I am also happy to contribute to the running of the site, either financially or with time.

Thanks for the kind words.

Keeping this site up and running is not very expensive, and it doesn't seem all that hard to take care of, so my time spent in a canoe will be the same this year.

I don't have alot of changes planned, but even that could change. :confused:

Thanks Again.

Thanks for your hard work Robin. I'm looking forward to looking forward here.

- Martin

Thanks for your efforts and good luck Robin. Now I feel more comfortable with doing some trip reports knowing the site will hang around. But they'll have to wait until the paddling and snowshoeing slow down some. :D

Barry

My two Canadian tripping friends, Gerald and Ted, Thanks
Waterdog, Your support will never be forgotten.
Martin, Your posts are second to none, very informative and well appreciated.
Hogan, Thanks, Hope to see ya out in Woodland Caribou PP
Thanks All

Robin,

I appreciate you saving the site. There is a great community of paddlers out there that need a place to gather and communicate. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to gather here. Thank you for all your hard work.

Bob.

Thanks for all your efforts Robin. Looking forward to learning more from this community...and seeing more of your w/c canoes in action.

Back