Page Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
    I was looking through threads and saw this post. Is there really 2 of us from Warriors Mark? This post was not mine Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	97574
    I had that happen to me once, it blew my mind until I figured out is was a computer glitch.

Thanks for the info on the West Branch. I grew up on the North Branch and floated it many times and am looking forward to doing the West Branch.

Comment

Thanks for the info Al. I'll have to put this on my to do list for next summer. Did you see many other canoes or tubers on your trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Penns Woods View Post
        Thanks for the info Al. I'll have to put this on my to do list for next summer. Did you see many other canoes or tubers on your trip?
        It really depends. Weekdays are always fine. There is about a 10 week window when there is enough water and it's warm enough for the fair weather crowd. Those weekends are busier, but I've never had a problem camping

Comment

One final thought on the West Branch at Keating...The take out at Keating is 1/4 mile up Sinnemahoning Creek. At higher water it is quite fast and a bitch to paddle up. 1/4 before Sinnemahoning creek there is a take out river left. Best to get out there and walk out to the parking area then drive back for your gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
            .... 1/4 before Sinnemahoning creek there is a take out river left. Best to get out there and walk out to the parking area then drive back for your gear.
            We usually park at that take out, it's a looonnnggg walk up the tracks to the 'official' parking area. 1st time we did Karthus to Keating the water was high (I mean really high, very little paddling) and there was no way we were going to get up the Sinnemahoning. We got out in somebodies front yard and I walked up to get the truck. We've been parking at the upper parking/access ever since. Couple of times the fish cop met us when we taking out. Never said a word about being parked there but did ask how the fishing was (all of our vehicles had NY plates).

...better to be up the creek without a paddle than not be on the water at all!!!

Comment

The take out I'm thinking about has limited parking. ~2 vehicles. It is 1000 meters or 0.6 mile walk from the official launch. About a 10 minute walk. I love Google Earth, lol
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Capturex.JPG Views:	0 Size:	204.8 KB ID:	99000
              Last edited by Big Al; 10-09-2019, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X