• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

New to the forum

Reaction score
I am from utah. So excited to learn canoing. I picked up a 25$ plastic canoe to get started and look forward to taking it out. I know very little about canoeing any hints or help is appreciated. My first step will be getting life jackets and ores. Any direction I should go on those? And how many persons do you think my canoe holds?
Planning on taking it out on the great salt lake for my first canoe trip. Grinning from ear to ear.

Attachments

• photo12534.jpg
    photo12534.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 0
Welcome OBryan :)
I'm think'n it's a Core Craft out of Bemidji which means fiberglass. I'm not certain the used market for canoe accessories (paddles, jackets) in Utah so don't have any suggestions there.

As far as number of people your canoe will float in The Great Salt Lake, I'm guessing 20-30 due to the buoyancy characteristic in that body of water. Am I the only one thinking this??

Kidding aside, that boat should hold 3 average-sized people but to be safe, we should identify it first and the load rating.

Back