• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

What is it!

Reaction score
I thought I bought a 25 dollar canoe but what is this?
I am looking to fabricate the missing parts but need a picture. Oh yeah no HIN.

Attachments

• photo12534.jpg
    photo12534.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo12535.jpg
    photo12535.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo12536.jpg
    photo12536.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 0
Looks like you paid a fair price. Looks like a Dolphin canoe.. Heavy but fine for cottage use. It looks way better than the ones at docks around here! I suspect paint is hiding the HIN.. Look outboard stern. You may have to chip paint back.
Not sure you are missing anything. Those are the seats!

Good deal on the canoe! Lol that's cheaper than taking the family to Micky D's for lunch. ;)
What parts are you looking at fabbing up?

Hello uncle mur. On this canoe the seats have holes in them small drill holes. It looks like somthig attached I don't know what components are missing. I have been searching the internet for a picture of this canoe but have not found one. I was told it may be a dolphin but. Have not been able to confirm.

They definitely look factory, attachment points for a fancy seat covering maybe?
same with the holes in the yoke ...
Regardless, they'll work for anchor points for your stuff. Tie some smallish loops of cord through them so you can clip your things to them.
I love the look of the covered deck in the bow.
Happy Paddlin' ;)

So I looked at some core craft canoes. Wow some of them look so close to what I have. My canoe has no HIN so I have read it is most likely pre 1972. Thank you mwaalen and bwca66. Good stuff.

This canoe is all plastic. From what I have read Core craft canoes have a wood core. It sure looks like a Core craft.

I agree the shape certainly looks Core Craft-ish but also believe all the CCs I've ever seen have the elongated diamond shape molded into the sides so I too am uncertain. No doubt designs changed over the decades. Here is an excerpt I found online concerning their all-fiberglass build...

By the early 1960's, labor costs prices the hand-laminated core boats out of the market. At this same time, the company had started building all fiberglass canoes, a fiberglass snow scoop, (called the Snow-Wonder) and built fiberglass snowmobile hoods for Arctic Cat. The canoes were shipped throughout the USA and some foreign countries.

If it is plastic then ?? Maybe a Dolphin as Yellowcanoe suggested?

I have yet to do a search for Core Craft or Dolphin on this forum but imgine there is good info in doing so that would help us out.

Anyone else out there have ideas as I certainly am no authority on canoe identification.

Thanks
Micah

Back