• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from Rochester NY

Reaction score
After many years without any paddling, followed by a few years in a kayak, I just bought a 15' Hornbeck New Trick, and am looking forward to getting out in it.
My earliest exposures to canoe tripping with were with my South Jersey Boy Scout troop - we'd spend every warm weekend on the water in our 17' Grumman tanks, then spend 5-6 weeks in the back country of Algonquin Park in the summer...an amazing experience to say the least. Now it's time to get back out, mostly in the Adirondacks...thanks for having me here!

Attachments

• photo11790.jpg
    photo11790.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 0
Beginning tomorrow, I am instructing my 30th 8-day BSA trek leader guide training week at BSA National Camping School in the Adirondacks. I have used various canoes, currently in a C1 Placidboat Rapidfire, while the students are in BSA C2 Grummans. It is easy to keep up solo, as I demonstrate and critique what can be done with various traditional single blade strokes, either with a straight wood paddle or with a bent carbon. To be fair, I will sometimes demo the same with one of their aluminum/plastic Mohawk paddles and switch off my paddles with them.

If anyone is in or near Saranac Lake tomorrow evening, come see our presentation for the "Celebrate paddling" event at Nori's on Church Street.

Beginning tomorrow, I am instructing my 30th 8-day BSA trek leader guide training week at BSA National Camping School in the Adirondacks. I have used various canoes, currently in a C1 Placidboat Rapidfire, while the students are in BSA C2 Grummans. It is easy to keep up solo, as I demonstrate and critique what can be done with various traditional single blade strokes, either with a straight wood paddle or with a bent carbon. To be fair, I will sometimes demo the same with one of their aluminum/plastic Mohawk paddles and switch off my paddles with them.

If anyone is in or near Saranac Lake tomorrow evening, come see our presentation for the "Celebrate paddling" event at Nori's on Church Street.

Nice...I won't be around, but sounds like a good program! Where is the Camping School? Is this related to the Voyageur training program up there?

Nice...I won't be around, but sounds like a good program! Where is the Camping School? Is this related to the Voyageur training program up there?
Yes, it is Voyageur training. We're back at Massawepie for a couple of years, after being at Rotary and Curtis-Read for a spell. Am there now.

Back