• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

greetings from northeast Oregon

Reaction score
Hello trippers,

I've been away from the canoeing world for decades, and looking forward to returning to those river and lake roots. Plenty of river time over those decades, in rafts and dories on these big western creeks -- Snake, Salmon, Owyhee, Rogue, John Day, Grande Ronde, Green, Yampa, Colorado, etc.
Anyway, the canoe itch is strong, time to scratch it.

See y'all out there (or in here),
John

Made it out to Western Oregon, (Corvallis) back in the 70's, and had the opportunity to Drift boat a portion of the Alcee (Spl?) river.
Loved the clear water trout streams!

Should be some great paddling, out there, so long as the Gov. restrictions aren't too stiff !

Jim

I used to live in La Grande. Paddled the Grand Ronde, heck's Canyon, Payette. Good country. A friend has spent a lot of time on the upper Owyhee, solo with his dog.

Jim, you're close, it's the Alsea, indeed a pretty river, with an active fishery in its lower reaches. I haven't read everything on this site yet, but I've enjoyed your posts on the construction/repair forum.

Mason, you know the neighborhood well. I've been in La Grande since '94. Maybe we've even crossed paths. I usually get out on the Grande Ronde at least once a year. Did you canoe it when you were here? Canoes seem to be rare on that river, at least on the Minam-Troy stretch.

John

I lived there only a year, 1988. Open canoed the Grande Ronde by town, Minam to Troy, and Snake River/Hells Canyon from Oxbow Dam to Dug Bar.

I lived in LaGrande for a year in '88 too. Didn't have a canoe then - or time to use one, FTM.

Oarsman, we're close. Southwestern Idaho here. Maybe see you on the water some time. Ever do the Weiser?

Steve,
I have not been on the Weiser, though I've looked at it intently many times on my way up or down 95. Thanks for reminding me, I'll put it on the list and try to let you know if I head that way.

John

Jim, you're close, it's the Alsea, indeed a pretty river, with an active fishery in its lower reaches. I haven't read everything on this site yet, but I've enjoyed your posts on the construction/repair forum.

John

Thank you !

Enjoy those Rivers !

Jim

Back