• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Feeling at home from Nebraska!

Reaction score
Hello! Not much in Nebraska I know, but I'm a day away from a lot. I can be hiking in the Rockies, riding in the Black Hills, or canoeing in the bwcaw in a days drive. I've always loved the outdoors but to me nothing could top the Boundary Waters. Took my boys 3 times last summer and decided to go all in this winter. I sold my dirtbike, bought a used Kevlar from our outfitter in Tofte and looking to devote all my available time up North. Looking forward to fun conversations here! -Jeff

Enjoy the BWCA while you can ! Trump is giving the go ahead to copper mining on the edge ! :(

Welcome to the site !

Are your BWCA trips Solo ?

Jim

Hey Jim, I always have my boys: 21, 15, and 8. Although the 21 hasn't been for awhile and I can feel the push back from the 15 already starting. Of course I'm baiting him with how long and deep into the wilderness we're going to go this summer.

When they shoulder an 18" Aluminum canoe on a mile portage. That's when show their true Metal ! My Oldest did it when 17. That was our last Aluminum canoe trip though !

Yes, the BWCA is a test ! Well worth taking !

Jim

Jeff just keep going North.. BWCAW isn't wilderness..wilderness pretty yes.. but pales in comparison to others up in Ontario.. However juggling schedules is always a problem I remember meeting Keewaydin girls of college age in Quetico.. They all had 17 foot wood canvas canoes and were solo portaging at a trot

Jeff just keep going North.. BWCAW isn't wilderness..wilderness pretty yes.. but pales in comparison to others up in Ontario.. However juggling schedules is always a problem I remember meeting Keewaydin girls of college age in Quetico.. They all had 17 foot wood canvas canoes and were solo portaging at a trot

That's the plan this year! I've been researching Quetico. It's freeing focusing my outdoor trips on one activity, and not have to worry about planning, organizing, maintenance, etc. for different things. Seems like you can fine-tune the details.

If your in Nebraska float the niobrara, or check out some of the refuge lakes south of Valentine (great bass and pike fishing)

Back